Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 100

    Day 100 Ends @ Home

    August 10, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 82 °F

    Not only did day 100 end at home, but our road trip did as well.

    We had just 65 miles to go from Aurora to get home. We could have dallied at the campground, but we wanted to get home before the high temperatures hit so we could open the doors and windows to air the house out.

    I-25S was busy, but with nothing to impede the flow of traffic. So, we were home by 10:30a, the Cruiser tucked into its spot at the storage facility. We’ll be bringing it back for a deep-cleaning in the days ahead.

    The first thing we both wanted to check on when we got home was the construction that is going up across the arroyo from us. At the time we bought our place in 2018, we knew that the wide expansive views would not always stay open. So, before we did anything else, we went out on our deck.

    The good news is that the few houses that have gone up give us a very good indication of the distance between the two neighborhoods … which is considerable thanks to the arroyo. And even better, the area that has been designated as parkland is quite big and is what will be in our natural line of sight. (We believe the construction will be growing to the left in the attached photo.)

    Thus, our long-awaited road trip — which included a bit of cruising for the Cruiser and toad — is now in the can. We had a wonderful time, but it’s nice to be home … even if it is for less than a month. Our next adventure … well, it will have its own “trip,” so that’s it for the time being.
    Read more