Satellite
Show on map
  • Inbound Fligts: Sch & Equipment Change

    August 28, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 84 °F

    Mui got a text from Turkish Airlines last night. It was advising us of a schedule change to the domestic portion of our 2 January flights from İzmir to Houston. Same flight number, but an earlier departure from ADB ... and a slightly later arrival @ IST. No matter, still plenty of time to connect to our afternoon flight to IAH.

    THY requires confirmation from the passenger whenever there is a change. We tried to do this online and through the app. Both gave error messages. So we made a phone call and spoke to an agent. In no time at all, our online flight record showed the revised flight info.

    I'm not sure what prompted me to ask that the agent confirm our selected seats as well. When it came to our IST-IAH flight, she said our seats were 4A/5A. Aha! An equipment change! And one that I was hoping would happen. TK33 was now going to be on a B787-9 … a Dreamliner, in other words.

    I’ve since gone online to switch our seats to the starboard aisle … 4K/5K … better aerial views from that side IMHO.

    We now have ten days to go before we begin this year's overseas jaunt.
    Read more