Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Lunch & Dessert in Bodrum

    September 18, 2021 in Turkey ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    From Bodrum Castle, we meandered into the shopping area for a short stretch. Our destination was Trafo Café, a restaurant overlooking the bay. The café is located in the neighborhood where the power generation plans used to be situated … hence the name Trafo, which means transformer in Turkish.

    Nice views … good food … excellent al fresco dining.

    Dessert was from a street vendor that sells the very popular Turkish sweet known as lokma … basically deep fried fluffy dough in simple syrup. This one was very good … crispy and just sweet enough.

    ——————————————

    For those interested in such things …

    We ordered two of the local specialty dishes. One was the Lokum Pilavı, which wasn’t rice at all, but rather, small chunks of pasta mixed with minced meat. It was served with a side of yogurt and cucumbers that is called kuru [dry] cacık because the yogurt is not watered down to make the traditional cold soup. The second dish was Çökertme Kebabı, which consisted of marinated strips of sautéed beef, served over deep fried straw potatoes and garnished with a garlic yogurt sauce.
    Read more