Satellite
Show on map
  • Snow!

    May 20, 2022 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 37 °F

    It's really not unknown for it to snow in Colorado in May.

    While the snow, and the rain that is forecasted to follow on the Plains, have pretty much put the kibosh on our loose plans for an RV getaway, we're not complaining. We really need the precipitation to help with the drought ... and with the wildfires that are burning around the state.

    Here's the deal for this snowstorm. The white stuff was supposed to arrive after 1:00p, but we've already had some light bands come through. Nothing is really sticking at the moment. But that is expected to change.

    For the area we're in (see the bracketed portion of the forecast map), the forecast calls for anywhere from 8" to 18" (for readers who use the metric system, that is 20-45 cm). Will we get that much? We have to wait and see.

    The good news? The snow removal team contracted by our subdivision will be clearing any accumulation of this wet and heavy snow, so Mui won't have to break out the snowblower ...🤞🏻

    In the meantime, Mui's had to re-winterize the Cruiser this morning since nighttime temps are supposed to fall below freezing for a few nights. No need to borrow trouble when the process is pretty easy to do with this rig.

    Can we say lesson learned? Unless we're leaving Colorado for warmer climes, we should plan on keeping the RV winterized through May!

    P.S. Update on our COVID-19 situation. We remain pretty much symptom-free. What with the snow and all, we'll quarantine through the weekend since it will be no hardship to do so. And then ... resume life as before ... masking up when we are around people.
    Read more