Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    @ DEN … So Far So Good

    July 29, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 66 °F

    Smooth start to our travel day … 🤞🏻the rest of our day remains uncomplicated as well.

    We left the house at 6:00a; arrived at the off-airport shuttle lot at 7:30a; were on the shuttle to DEN by 7:40a; at the terminal at 8:00a. Just as planned … no mishaps, no detours, no delays.

    Check in with Air Canada was easy peasy as we were the only passengers at the counter. Bags checked in, minutes later we were at the security checkpoint. Thank goodness for TSA Pre✔️… which is included with our Global Entry membership. While the regular lines to go through the checkpoint were long, we bypassed it all … kept our shoes on in the process and all electronics remained in our carry on bags.

    With everything going smoothly, we now had plenty of time on our hands. So, we decided to use our one-time United Airlines passes to spend time in the Club Lounge. Because one of the two lounges is undergoing renovation, we were directed to the “pop up lounge.” Fewer amenities, but we just wanted a “quiet place and comfortable seats.” So all’s good.

    There is a posted delay of 30 mins to our departure, which originated with the delayed arrival this morning of equipment to YYZ from the US … and then a “security issue.” The latter, as the app explains, could be due to a number of reasons, including additional time needed to screen passengers boarding the YYZ to DEN flight. In any event, if this is all we have to deal with today, I will call it a “good deal.”

    Now to do a bit of reading to while away the rest of our time before our flight is called.
    Read more