Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Joined Our Expedition Group

    August 1, 2022 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 82 °F

    After our breakfast date, we returned to the DoubleTree to collect our bags, called an Uber, and returned to YYZ. Well, not really to the airport … but to the Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre. This is where we will be spending the night before we well and truly embark upon our Arctic adventure tomorrow.

    Although it was just after noon when we arrived, our room was ready for us to check in. Dropping off our bags in the room was step one on our agenda. Then, we went off in search of the Quark ground team.

    Check-in … with proof of our COVID-19 vaccinations and the negative PCR test results … ✔️.

    Get our COVID-19 antigen tests … negative … ✔️.

    Pick up our Quark parkas … which we will need when we arrive in Kangerlussuaq, Greenland tomorrow to join the ship … ✔️.

    With all that done, we stopped in at Olio, the on-site restaurant that features Mediterranean cuisine. Tasty food, but service was really slow. No matter … it’s not like we were in any hurry.

    Our bags are now re-balanced to meet the weight requirements for tomorrow’s flight. They sport the Quark tags we received at check-in.

    Now for an easy evening and a bit of R&R!
    Read more