Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Kangerlussuaq: Back Where We Started

    August 16, 2022 in Greenland ⋅ ⛅ 50 °F

    Ultramarine was quietly sailing up the fjord when we woke up at 6:30a. By the time we finished our breakfast, the ship was at its anchorage.

    Nearby, Scenic Eclipse was preparing to exchange passengers in preparation for its next Greenland expedition. Adventure Canada was not far away … its Arctic Canada expedition impacted by charter flight troubles as well.

    Our tummies sated, we returned to the cabin, set our checked bags outside, and went to find a comfy spot to while away the hours until disembarkation. The Panorama Lounge on deck 7 forward afforded fjord views, a fairly strong cell signal with our T-Mobile phones, and outlets to plug-in our devices. Perfect.

    Yes, perfect. Except that the P/A came alive to advise us that our departure schedule had been revised. You see, Kangerlussuaq Airport is quite small … and there was only one agent to check us all in for the charter flight. Airport authorities wanted us there earlier. Lunch was to be moved up to 11:00a … zodiac transfers to take us ashore were going to start at 12:30p.

    Alrighty then. Better go for a walk on the outer decks to stretch our legs and burn off the breakfast calories.
    Read more