Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 3

    Shopping in Miami

    14 décembre 2022, États Unis ⋅ 🌙 75 °F

    Busy day in Miami … though it did start out slow. We took our time over breakfast … followed by R&R time on the balcony. Then, off we went to shop for this and that and everything else … mostly consumables for the next seven months. We left the kitchen sink for someone else to buy 🤣

    The plan was to return to the condo around mid-afternoon and spend time poolside. Well, that did not happen. We’ll try again tomorrow … if our shopping trip to the mall doesn’t delay our return to our home base.

    Somehow the lunch hour slipped by unnoticed today. So, we decided to have dinner out again. But neither one of us was in the mood to go to a restaurant. Instead, we walked over to Brickell Park, which is next door to the Icon Brickell. There, we dined on “food truck food.” Köfte, kibbeh, tabouleh, and hummus from Shukran … profiteroles from La Suiza BakeHouse. All very tasty. And eaten in a peaceful park setting. Perfect.

    After dinner, we walked for a bit along the Riverwalk Trail, heading partway across the Brickell Key Bridge, which connects Brickell Key (aka Claughton Island) to the mainland. Nice views to wrap up our day.

    Though we've been known to walk a heck of a lot more than the 12,500+ steps we clocked today, I am dead tired. Big cities like Miami drain me ... seriously drain me ... physically and mentally. Now to put our feet up and relax.
    En savoir plus