Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Dancing At Sea

    December 21, 2022, Caribbean Sea ⋅ 🌙 77 °F

    We’re not the ones doing the dancing … it’s Insignia that is jiggling and wiggling as we continue deeper into the Caribbean for tomorrow’s port call.

    The motion of the ocean was noticeable as soon as we left the protected harbor of St John’s, Antigua. As the afternoon progressed into evening, the wind picked up … blowing hard enough that the deck 5 promenade was locked down to passengers. No veranda time for me tonight, though I did brave the wind to rescue the “wet varnish” sign that was fluttering like mad on the railing.

    Tonight we dined at one of the specialty restaurants, the Polo Grill … with our friend CD Ray. We picked the date … he picked the time and venue. We had a delightful meal, catching up on each other’s lives. Travel being a common link, there was no lack of topics to discuss and plenty of opportunities for laughter.

    We wrapped up our evening with tonight’s entertainment in the Insignia Lounge … a production show titled “Acoustic Sessions” … featuring the “most recognizable pop music in an ‘unplugged’ acoustic style live band setting.” With the string quartet joining the show band to accompany the production cast, it was a lively show. Nicely done.

    Tomorrow is the third one of our run of seven ports on this cruise. What was supposed to be a “chill” cruise has been anything but as we seem to be busy doing this … that … or something else. Not complaining at all, but we are looking forward to a quiet morning tomorrow since we don’t get into port until 11:00a.
    Read more