Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 36

    Dancing At Sea

    January 16, 2023, North Pacific Ocean ⋅ 🌬 54 °F

    Yes, once again Insignia spent the day dancing at sea. We continue to improve our skill at matching the ship’s movements in order to stay upright. If I heard Captain Brajcic correctly, the sea state was 12-14 feet today.

    Breakfast … where fellow RTWer Peggy joined us. Cruise Critic Meet & Greet in Horizons … despite all the activities conflicting with the timing, a decent turnout. Lunch. Journaling. Captain’s Welcome Aboard Party … haven’t seen turnout this big in quite sometime. Dinner in the GDR … with new friends Eva and George, who are on the ship only through Santiago … to get acquainted prior to the tour we will be sharing in Ensenada tomorrow. That summarizes my day.

    Mui added a new activity to his sea day. The artist in residence, Crista Carr, joined Insignia in San Francisco yesterday. So, he has decided to try his hand at watercolors. For someone who can’t draw a straight line, he did pretty good.

    Now, I’m off to tonight’s show … a vocalist by the name of Jassen Allen is headlining.

    LATER … In his intro for Jassen, CD Ray said that we would be “leaving the show with smiles on our faces and music in our hearts.” He was right.
    Read more