Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Ensenada, Mexico

    January 17, 2023 in Mexico ⋅ 🌧 55 °F

    New-to-us port #5 … because I am not counting Mazatlan since stayed on the ship.

    Heading south out of San Francisco, our first port call brought us back to Mexico … on a day with intermittent showers and the sun peeking out in between. It was not a warm day. In fact, there is a cold front warning issued by the Servicio Meteorológico Nacional through 8:00p tonight.

    We felt that cold front moving in while we were out on the water in a small boat … hoping to see whales on a private tour organized by fellow-passengers Eva and George. It was a bust unfortunately. Instead, we had a real roller-coaster of a ride out to and back from Isla Todos Santos Sur. We each found a seat, and hung on … pretty much staying in our seats for the duration of the ride as there was just too much motion of the ocean to move about safely.

    Should have stayed in town today to wander around instead.

    Oh well … you win some, you lose some.

    P.S. I am uploading a short snippet of the conditions we battled on the small boat, but you might want to skip it if you are prone to seasickness. Trust me when I say that this snippet looks better than it was in person.
    Read more