Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 105

    At Sea … Atlantic Expedition Stats

    26. maaliskuuta 2023 ⋅ ☁️ 84 °F

    After a series of ports of call in West Africa, today we had a much-needed day at sea before our final port tomorrow in this part of the continent.

    That we did nothing to exert ourselves goes without saying. It was quiet. It was relaxing.

    The Oceania Club Party for this segment was tonight, so we went to the Insignia Lounge to hear OCA Cella’s stats. Here are few bits and pieces …

    The 592 passengers on this segment come from 21 different countries. Instead of giving us the top five countries as she usually does, OCA Cella gave us the other end of the spectrum … one passenger each from Ireland, The Netherlands, Peru, and Ukraine.

    Of the total passengers onboard, 503 are repeaters. Rather than giving us the number of days traveled by each of the 7 people who are the most traveled, OCA Cella gave us the combined total … a jaw-dropping 9,272 days!!!!

    As she promised, OCA Cella also quoted some tracking stats that she received from the Food & Beverage Department. My fingers weren’t nimble enough to catch all of the details, but here are the two I managed to jot down … on a WEEKLY basis, we apparently consume 738 pounds of lobster and 6,773 pounds of vegetables.

    After the party, Mui and I went up to Toscana, where a little birdie had whispered that Cacio e Pepe, one of my favorite pasta dishes, was going to be the special tonight. We were hosted for dinner by Chris, the Executive Concierge who came aboard when our friend Julio left to go on vacation, and Millie, the RTW Concierge. We had a wonderful meal. Lots of laughter and conversation accompanied it. And yes, everyone had the special pasta of the night … some as a primi piatti … or in my case, as the secondi piatti.
    Lue lisää