Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 148

    At Sea: Far East Legends Stats

    May 8, 2023, Bay of Bengal ⋅ ☁️ 86 °F

    Day 2 of two days at sea.

    Today was pretty much a duplicate of yesterday. Except that we socialized with friends at the Oceania Club Party and then Mui and I dined alone at the Polo Grill.

    Captain Brajcic and GM Laurence both took an active part in tonight’s Oceania Club Party. As she always does, OCA Cella gave us some stats for the segment and threw in some “trivia” about “our ages.”

    Here are a few tidbits …

    There are 545 guests from 21 countries on this segment … 477 repeaters; 161 of which are at the elite level (20 plus cruise points) … 1 guest each from Ireland and the Netherlands. 154 new guests joined us in Dubai … 68 of them are first timers on Oceania.

    There are 402 crew members from 40 countries taking care of us … a mini United Nations. Of the entire crew complement, 80% are on the hotel side.

    As for the “age” trivia … the average age is 70; median age is 72. The age that the largest group falls into is 71. There are 3 teenagers; 68 passengers in their 80s; 1 passenger is 90. There are 11 birthday twins.

    By the way, we will be back in India tomorrow … with a small change to our schedule. Instead of departing at 7:00p as originally planned, we’re going to be leaving at 5:00p. Apparently, there is a cyclone bearing down on the area, so Captain Brajcic wants to boogie out of town early.
    Read more