Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 210

    Victoria, BC — Canada

    July 9, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 72 °F

    Today is another footprint of reminiscing and a short story of our day.

    Today, we are in one of our favorite cities in British Columbia … Victoria. We have visited here several times.

    The earliest visit was in 1982 … a day cruise from Seattle, Washington … on the Princess Marguerite. As foot passengers, our exploration focused on the Inner Harbor where we visited attractions such as the underwater aquarium that is long gone.

    The second trip was in 1983 … this time on the M/V Coho, which plies the waters between Port Angeles, Washington and Victoria. We brought our car on the ferry and visited practically all of the attractions on that occasion over a stay of several days.

    1999 saw us back here for a few days when we were exploring Washington’s Olympic Peninsula … a side trip again on the M/V Coho.

    Finally, in 2018 we made a “technical stop” here on Celebrity Solstice to fulfill the requirements of the Passenger Vessel Services Act. On that occasion, friends James & Shelley (whom we met on RTW2017) took us on a scenic drive before hosting us for dinner in their lovely home.

    Today, we hosted James and Shelley for a late lunch at the Steamship Grill overlooking the scenic Inner Harbor. Sonia and Boris joined us for lunch. We had a delightful time … and the food was great, too.

    But before that, we had a lovely time with a friend we made during our 2009 polar bear adventure in Churchill … in Canada’s Manitoba province. Irene met us at Ogden Point where Insignia docked today and drove us to a quiet café at Oak Bay Hotel for tea … coffee in Mui’s case.

    We had a great day in Victoria catching up with friends … with the weather allowing us to eat and drink outdoors.

    A really lovely day. One that we hope to repeat when we return to Canada with our RV some in the next few years.
    Read more