Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Toronto: Lunch … Distillery District

    September 4, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    Next up on the plan devised by Kadi and Brad today … lunch.

    But along the way, we stopped at Riverdale Park East, near where they used to live when their son was still a wee little boy … and where they made many special memories. From the park, one gets to enjoy the beautiful skyline of Toronto … a little hazy today, but still great to see.

    Founded in 1832, Gooderham & Worts began as a windmill in the wilderness and grew to become the largest distillery in the world. Today, it is at the heart of the Distillery Historic District … widely regarded as Canada’s premier arts, culture, and entertainment destination. The district was designated as a national historic site because the “complex is an outstanding example of Victorian industrial design in terms of integrity, historical association, and aesthetic qualities.”

    We didn’t dally with our sightseeing here as Kadi had made a 1:15p lunch reservation for us at Cluny Bistro & Boulangerie … billed as not being “your parents' French Bistro!” The food was delicious (and plentiful) … the raspberry mimosa a surprising twist on the usual orange juice and bubbly … the company simply delightful.

    We had a wonderful time with Kadi and Brad today. They were wonderful hosts during our short time in their city.

    Until we meet again …
    Read more