Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Kimberleys by Sea

    18. august 2023, Forenede Stater ⋅ ☁️ 93 °F

    Exploring the Kimberleys, the northernmost region of Australia, was one of the things we had to exclude from our original itinerary due to timing.

    It wasn’t that we didn’t have time to add it to our plans. Rather, the area is difficult to navigate during the wet season, so tours and such don’t operate until later in the year. We considered flying in, but even that proved to be logistically difficult.

    When we added the entire month of April to our plans, however, we looked at our options for the Kimberleys again. Land tours were still outside of our time range, but cruises were not.

    After doing a bit of research we settled on Coral Expeditions, an Australia-based company that comes highly recommended. That they have smaller ships than companies like Le Ponant, Seabourn, and Silversea was a bonus.

    With the operator selected, our next decision was to pick an itinerary and ship.

    First, we limited our options in April to the 72-passenger Coral Discoverer, the smaller of the two vessels sailing during our time frame. Then we decided to sail from Darwin to Broome instead of vice-versa.

    And voilà. We are booked!
    Læs mere