Satellit
Vis på kort
  • The Ghan Booked

    19. august 2023, Forenede Stater ⋅ ☀️ 93 °F

    The Ghan — which runs through the “Red Center” of Australia — is regarded as one of the world’s greatest train journeys.

    Alas, it was another thing that we were going to have to exclude from our plans due to timing issues. It wasn’t “the wet” that was a problem for The Ghan. It was the heat … just too hot to run the train during the height of summer.

    But then we extended our trip to include April. And suddenly the train journey became feasible to include in our plans.

    Instead of booking the 3-day/2-night trip, we booked the 4-day/3 night expedition because the itinerary includes a couple of fun and important-to-us off-train events … and only on departures out of Darwin and not out of Adelaide.

    Thus, we are now booked on another Australian train journey. And unlike on the IP [Indian Pacific] trip, Mui and I will share a gold-premium twin cabin on The Ghan.

    P.S. For those eagle-eyed readers who might notice the optional upgrade shown on the map to include Uluru … we won’t be doing it. A day trip would not only be incredibly tiring but also not a good cost-benefit value (for us). Instead, we have some other ideas we’re pursuing to visit that iconic landmark, which has great cultural significance to the traditional owners of the land.
    Læs mere