Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Sydney: Errands & More

    December 14, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 99 °F

    Just because the plan for today was to run a bunch of errands doesn’t mean that we didn’t stop to enjoy the sights around the city as we went from one shop to another.

    What was on our list?

    Pick-me-up beverages at the Bar Cycle in Marsh Bay … an iced Americano for Mui; tea for me … and a spinach and feta roll to share.

    Groceries, of course … we plan to self-cater at least some of our meals.

    A couple of eSIMs from Telstra so that we have Australian phone numbers and data for ease of communication … T-Mobile’s not going to cut it in a number of places we plan to visit over the next 4.5 months.

    A lightning to USB-A pigtail from Apple so Mui can download his GoPro videos to an external drive through his iPad … we both left our laptops at home in Colorado in an effort to simplify our electronics on this trip. Fingers crossed it works out!

    A couple of honest-to-goodness Australian Outback hats … specifically the Akubra brand, which Mui had his heart set on.

    Our plans to have dinner out after our errands didn’t quite work out. Timing issues. But also, it got hot very quickly … 97F by the time we wrapped up our errands around 3:30p. I was drained … stick-a-fork-in-me done. A 14,000-step day following a 17-hour flight might have had something to do with our change of plans, too.

    We’ll pick up our sightseeing tomorrow … the weather being the driver behind what we decide to do. One thing is for sure … we’re looking forward to more chats with friendly Aussies.
    Read more