Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 48

    OTR: Breakfast @ Port Arthur Lavender

    28. januar, Australia ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    “Lavender is the scent of romance, relaxation and good health. In early Roman times it was a scent reserved only for kings and high priests. It was treasured for its aromatic and healing qualities.”

    It was these words on the website of the Tasmanian Lavender Company that intrigued me enough to add it to our itinerary.

    We actually stopped by the farm on our way to Port Arthur two days ago. But our timing was off. It was just a minute or two before 4:00p and they were about to close out the till. We had just enough time to buy some delicious lavender ice cream … which just whetted our appetite for more.

    After our visit to Remarkable Cave, our next stop was Port Arthur Lavender, overlooking Long Bay. The property is, in essence, the showroom for the family-run business. In addition to a functioning essential oil distillery, there are some 6,500 lavender plants amongst which visitors can wander when they are not partaking of the café’s paddock-to-plate concept.

    Yummy food in a beautiful setting! Excellent weather with blue skies and sunshine! And a field of lavender plants with the scent redolent in the air! Perfect!
    Les mer