Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 109

    Cairns: A Soaker of a Day

    March 29 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 82 °F

    It rained overnight. Quite heavy at times.

    It rained most of the day. Quite heavy at times. Strong enough to obscure the horizon.

    In other words, a good day to continue to recuperate. I still have some BPPV symptoms … much less intense than they were. Which means that I will continue the Epley Maneuver —the most common exercise used to move the crystals back into place — a couple of times per day until I am symptom-free for 24 hours. I found an excellent video by a vestibular doctor online to help ensure I am doing the maneuver the way it should be performed.

    Mui’s “at home,” too. When he returned from his “A #1” GBR snorkel experience yesterday, I had suggested that he might want to snorkel today as well. His response? “I’ll leave the snorkeling on a high note.” Considering how hard it rained today, that was a good decision.

    Now, at a little after 3:00p, the rain has seemingly stopped. But it is still overcast, so who knows if there is more wet stuff to fall from the sky before it is all said and done.

    In the meantime, I think we’ll go out for an early dinner while it is dry outside.

    That could fall under the “easier said than done” category, however. Today is Good Friday and most places here in Cairns are closed. Oh well. Worst case scenario we’ll eat here at the hotel.
    Read more