衛星
マップで表示する
  • 日11

    Kununurra and surrounds

    2023年5月10日, オーストラリア ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    An early morning for me while Kat was snoring away. A beautiful sunrise over the Lake Kununurra. I poked Kat awake around 6ish as I could not lie in the bed anymore. Made us some breakfast - scrambled eggs, coffee and we headed to Mirima National Park which is located only a few kilometres out of town. We walked all the available walks in these mini bungle bungles and enjoyed the views and some Aboriginal art. Yet again, we were amazed by the true blue Australians conquering level 5 walks in thongs… the temperature today was very pleasant hovering around 28 degrees with breeze. We were done with the walks before lunch time when Kat gave me a homework to find an ice cream shop. Luckily for me, Dr Google suggested the only ice cream shop in town that definitely exceeded expectation of my ice cream head Kat. The choice was impressive, they were selling Simmos Ice Cream and had about 20 to choose from. Kat was in the heaven.
    We also went to the local Aboriginal Art centre and got us a small carved boab nut.
    After the refreshing break we went to see some Zebra stone products on someone’s property 5km out of town. They had some cool stuff and we splashed out on some Astronomite jewellery. In the near by farm they were selling some papaya so we got ourselves one and I’m looking forward trying this fruit tomorrow.
    We checked out another zebra stone shop in town and it was equally impressive. What a unique stone!
    In the afternoon, we drove 25km out of town to check out Galgiba - Molly Spring - it was 6km from the main road accessed by dirt road. It was really pretty, like a little oasis with running waterfall and little but quite deep lagoon. The water was nice and warm and we could not see any 🐊…. We were the only people there, it was very peaceful.
    Following the Molly Spring we headed via another off road tract to Valentine’s spring that was also very pretty and had a sign to be aware of 🐊 🐊 🐊 , so we threaded lightly around and thankfully did not see any.
    We then headed back ‘home’ and checked out Gummy who is just on the side of the lake. Poor thing, people feed him with bread! That cannot be good for him…
    We took a few beers and some very ‘healthy’ snacks to go with it to a bench where we just sat and overlooked the lake while the sun was going down putting on a beautiful light display.
    We had a really nice day, more relaxed, taking it easy…. Just what the doctor ordered. Tomorrow we will be relocating to El Questro.
    Oh and we just was the International Space Station passing by….
    もっと詳しく