Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 24

    Broome to Anna Plains Station

    23. toukokuuta 2023, Australia ⋅ 🌙 21 °C

    We had a nice start to the day with another walk on the Cable Beach. This time we went on the other side - it was nice, even the camels were there for the morning tourists who wanted to have a ride. Certainly the nights are getting colder and this morning it was only 13 degrees when we started our walk.
    After a quick breakfast we packed up our camper and off we went towards Anna Plains. Before leaving town we managed to buy another framed picture of an owl sitting on a boab tree. It is drawn on special paper that is handmade in the remote central desert from from grasses that are harvested by hand - spinifex, kangaroo, mulga woollybutt or kerosene grass. We also grabbed a new gas bottle as for most of the trip we were on the second one so one less thing to do once we are in Albany 😜
    The road to Anna Plains was boring, nothing much to see. I think we are now so spoilt that it will be difficult to please our eyes.. Anyway, about 250km later we arrived to Anna Plains. There was hardly any signage on the road except one small turn off sign. The gate said not to enter without prior booking, so I am glad I have contacted the place yesterday as ‘rocking up’ like for the other stations would not work.
    After about 10ish km on the sandy red road we arrived to the homestead. Mary, a lady in her 70s is in charge. Not only did she remind us a few times of how lucky we are to stay here, she also proceed to tell us where and how our camper should stand and also how we should park our car… I personally thought it was a bit rich… the site is $45 per night, she allocated us a spot between another caravan and the toilet block with no sunshade. I tried to suggest we drive in from the other side so our kitchen faces the nature instead of the road and other campers but that was quickly denied… so I have just informed her that we will be parking the car next to the camper as we will pull our awning out to get some shade. She was not impressed as she is very precious about the lawn…and obviously if the car stands on the lawn it will damage it…
    She has explained that about 6km from here is the beach, she said it is not a swimming beach and there were sightings of rather large shark, jelly fish and who know what else. She made sure to tell us clearly that we are NOT to take any shells 🐚 from the beach… got that…
    There is also a hot water tub somewhere the other way from the beach, about 5km. She explained how to fill the tub.
    There are also other DO NOTs including: proceeding past the pool, taking photos of any stock, driving on any other road except the once going to beach and hot tub, don’t park near leach drains - there were many more but by that point we just switched off 😇
    So we just vegetated this arvo, read the book, drunk beer, had a shower and made dinner.
    The sunset was impressive, the deep orange colour covered the horizon while the moon with Venus came up very brightly. Very nice. The sky will be impressive at night as there is an unobstructed view.
    Well, lets play some canasta as we only have a few evenings left.
    We are missing home and our doggies and are ready to come back. It brightens our days to get pictures of them all from their Albany pawrents who are spoiling them rotten 😊. I hope the dogs will want to come home with us… 🙃
    Lue lisää