Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Night Out on the Town

    March 16, 2023 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Such an active fun day today. Peter was meeting Glenn for coffee so I headed off on my own adventures in the morning.

    This time I climbed up to the look out point for some great views. Then after Spanish and lunch we walked to the Biblioteca Publica because we’d heard they offered all kinds of courses and activities. Like most buildings here, it’s centred around a courtyard with numerous rooms leading off of it. We didn’t have much time to explore, but certainly will next time.

    The highlight of the day was a delish Thai dinner that Madeline had prepared, then we headed off for a Big Night Out. What fun it was.

    First, we stopped at Ocre to listen to Antonio, who John calls « the piano man » Antonia loves taking requests and can play anything you wish. Little did we know it was 2 for 1 night - this didn’t mean sharing between 2 people - NO, they brought 2 large drinks for each of us. The bonus - and surprise - was that Peter convinced John to play the piano. WOW what talent.

    Next stop was El Tupinamba, a matador themed bar, for some good old rock & roll. We were all dancing up a storm like we were 20 again. Such fun. Wish I could post all the videos I took.

    Our final stop was Centanni where the floor was packed with expert Salsa dancers. Would love to be able to dance like that. Took a video to show how it’s really done - our old 50s jive just doesn’t compare. 😉

    All in all a super fun day
    Read more