Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Back to Mexico City

    March 18, 2023 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Today was a travel day. We’d figured out a much cheaper way to get to Mexico City and wanted to try it out. Peter booked seats on ETN bus leaving at 10:40 am.

    As I’d had a negative experience with Uber - never showed up - I tried to call a taxi, but the number didn’t work. We then ventured out hoping a taxi might pass by. Needless to say, it didn’t, so we walked to the closest hotel - Casa de Sierra Navada where I’d seen that wonderful collection of mojigangas. The concierge there called a taxi and we got to the bus depot in good time.

    Must say, I was really impressed - the bus was modern, super clean, with large seats you could recline in. Soooo comfortable. It was $100 for the 2 of us - half the price Bajiogoshuttle. Will definitely use them again. The only problem is they only have 1 trip at day - 5:20 pm going to San Miguel, and 10:40am coming back to Mexico City.

    We were dropped off right in front of our hotel - Camino Real Aeropuerto. It was huge, again with rooms surrounding a lovely courtyard, an exterior elevator, and spa & fitness room on the top floor. We had dinner in the aesthetic lounge.

    Tomorrow we head to Tucson for part 2 of our adventure.
    Read more