Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 23

    Arriving in Tucson

    19 Mac 2023, Amerika Syarikat ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Peter headed up to the fitness room early morning for his workout and returned with a black eye. Seems he didn’t see a bar and crashed head on into it. It literally knocked him off his feet. He had a cut above his eye, but it was the area under the eye that was more worrisome - swelling and turning purple. Fortunately he said he felt OK.

    Checking in at the airport, he had a fun banter with an AA attendant who had a huge bruise on his cheek, both saying “ l’m fine but you should see the other guy!”

    Although we’d booked our seats in advance and paid for them, we found out we were in Zone 9 - the last to board. For the first time ever, we decided to take advantage of our age and Peter’s black eye. He asked if we could board early and Voila! we marched in along with the wheel chairs. Loved it 😍

    Our flight was an hour late taking off, saying the plane was over weight, and because of the high altitude in Mexico City they needed people to volunteer to get off. Not sure if anyone got off, but eventually we took off.

    Going through customs in Phoenix was a breeze. There was a Nexus line with no one in it - we were coming from Mexico. We stepped in front of a machine, had a pic taken and walked right though. It took all of 3 minutes. Happiness is. 🤩

    We’d booked a car through Enterprise, and were amazed because we got an ultra modern Ford complete with GPS - the works. It was so high tech we didn’t know how to get it started. An attendant gave us a quick lesson and we were off.

    The roads were calm and in excellent condition. 2 hours later we arrived at our second home - having been here 4 times before, it really felt like home.

    As it was about midnight now, we hit the sac. Will buy food tomorrow and take the car back after that.
    Baca lagi