Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 66

    Evergreen Cemetery

    April 21, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    1300 SE 10th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

    Historic Evergreen Cemetery is one of the oldest cemeteries in Broward County and is located on S.E. 10th Avenue in the Rio Vista area of Fort Lauderdale. Mr. and Mrs. Ed T. King, a pioneer family in Fort Lauderdale, established Evergreen Cemetery around 1910 or 1911. The cemetery was platted by Mrs. King from a portion of some 90 acres owned by the King family, who settled in Fort Lauderdale in 1895. The City purchased Evergreen Cemetery for $2,000 on June 19, 1917. The City continued to purchase parcels through 1938, which brought the total cemetery acreage to 11 acres.
    Today, Evergreen Cemetery is the resting place of Fort Lauderdale's pioneering families and is one of the most-admired locations because of its heritage. The cemetery is set on Cliff Lake and the grounds are filled with lush trees that provide a serene setting amongst the historic monuments and markers. The cemetery currently has plots available and sites for private family mausoleums. Please visit or contact the business office at Lauderdale Memorial Park for burial arrangements at Evergreen Cemetery.
    Read more