Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Signs and Signs!

    October 12, 2016 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    A sign points the way..or does it? How do you know which sign to follow? Will that sign lead you to where you want to go?
    Might these be good questions to reflect on for us all as we walk our own life Camino?
    What are the signs of life for me?

    The official colours of the Camino are blue and yellow. Pilgrims must look for and follow the yellow arrows and they can be found or located anywhere!
    Painted on rocks, buildings, pathways, fences-

    The official symbol of the Camino is the scallop shell. The Christian symbol of baptism and of the Christian life journey- this symbol can be found anywhere too!
    On gates, poles, road signs, on statues, in shop windows and in many different styles.

    The trickiest times have been finding the right Markers to get in and out of large towns. Each town or city has its own design of shell too! You have to stay alert or you can take a wrong turn easily- the rule is if you haven't seen a yellow arrow or shell for about 10 minutes of walking- you're going the wrong way! We've done this once and that was enough!!

    It sometimes feels like being in the amazing race, except you don't pick up an envelope with a prize in it once you negotiate your way!

    I guess the prize of the Camino is finding your own 'Way!'

    A few examples included of the hundreds of weird and wonderful signs along the Camino- which one do you like the best!
    Read more