Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Seoul - Palaces + N Seoul Tower

    July 20, 2023 in South Korea ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    First off this morning I visited Changgyeonggung Palace. This is one of five palaces found in Seoul. The palace was painted with lots of lotus designs in bright colours. It had a big garden area and a cool greenhouse inspired by French architecture with Japanese gardens.

    I then wandered next door over to Changdeokgung Palace. This palace looked similar to the previous one with some large surrounding gardens. It also has the oldest throne room in Korea.

    After this palace I joined a small free walking tour, there was a guide and two other tourists. The first stop on the tour was Gyeongbokgung Palace, Seoul's largest and most popular palace. It was the main palace during the Joseon Dynasty. There are many buildings, gardens and a couple of surrounding lakes. It was really pretty! There were also a lot of people taking photos in Hanbok, Korean traditional outfits.

    Next was Bukchon Hanok Village, a small area with buildings designed to look like traditional Korean houses. We then went to Insadong where the tour finished. Here there were some shopping streets and lots of small art businesses.

    I then met up with some people from the hostel, and the girls from today's tour, and we went on the cable car to visit the N Seoul Tower. We were able to see some of the sunset and the bright lights of the massive city landscape. For dinner, we all headed to the super busy Myeongdong Night Markets.
    Read more