Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day 5: Foodie Finds

    May 4, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    French pastries. Cakes. Tarts. Flans. Tortes. Bread. A mastery of both technical skill and artistic talent.

    I really didn't anticipate spending so much time indulging in the food scene, but the French influence in Canada is captivating.

    Macarons. Gosh, they're over-rated. Sensitive little discs, just waiting to collapse and waste your time if you err at most steps in the recipe. I've attempted them a few times with success. The level of skill required does not justify the outcome. But! They. Are. So. Beautiful! I couldn't resist venturing into this Macaron store. Such a beautiful store. The packaging! The detail. It's exquisite.

    Canadian cheese tart. I didn't know this was a thing, but you had me at cheese and tart. The best in Vancouver (self-proclaimed). A little savoury. A little sweet. A lot delicious.

    Another self proclamation of THE BEST from a Vancouver pattisserie. The humble croissant. Over a million sold! The Cube Croissant Cafe lived up to its claim. Filled with a light Pattisserie cream. Fresh raspberries.

    Over 18km of walking today - needed with this indulging!
    Read more