Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Victoria Day on Victoria Island, Canada

    May 22, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Our final day of the cruise sees our early arrival at Victoria Island, on a public holiday: Victoria day no less, and a brief return to Canadian soil before our journey on to the USA. Memphis, Tennessee.

    A dignified later start. A customs alert as Jan's penchant for Marijuana sees us yet again detained by Canadian customs. Some quick talking from Allan and assurances the stash will be discarded prior to final disembarkment is enough to convince our oh so friendly Canadian customs officer that we, are in fact cool (*man*) and will oblige accordingly. Jan does a good job hiding her disappointment at another missed opportunity for a strip search.

    We take our position as representatives of Victoria, Australia, and honorary representatives of the late Queen Victoria herself. It is lovely to be back with our fellow monarchists, especially on this auspicious day.

    Prestige cars, a catch up with old friends (and immediate neighbour of Jan and Allan in Rowville), and an afternoon spent exploring the incredible Butchart Gardens.

    Some fun at a pedestrian crossing whereby Melissa failed to see a pot hole upon stepping onto said crossing / main road, pushing Jan in the wheelchair - causing Jan to commence a forward tumble a russian gym coach would be proud of. Jan is safely returned to her chair with the superhuman lift strength of *humiliation* on Melissa's behalf, as the cars and crowd looked on. The day concludes with Melissa briefly knocking herself unconscious due to head strike in disabled taxi after supporting Jan safely off. #lookupandlive

    The longest minute transpires as Melissa comes to. Pride injured more than anything. #publiccollapsenotcool

    Our cruise through the pristine Alaskan inside passage concludes today. What a finale indeed.
    Read more