Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Innsbruck, Swarovski & Christmas Village

    November 15, 2023 in Austria ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    Austria. Wow. So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night. I hate to go and leave this pretty sight. I really wish we had longer here.

    We arrive at Innsbruck and are surprised with an off itinerary stop to the home of Swarovski crystal. An excited purchase of jewellery, a quick amble around this stunning town and we check in to our motel.

    Austria was breathtaking. Our exhausted group are now forming that bond / team comradeship that evolves naturally when you are sharing space and time, and it's a beautiful thing. A mixture of people from the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, the Phillipines, I observe with pride and humility just how much we all have in common, irrespective of cultural differences. We really aren't all that different.

    I bonded quickly with Michelle on our first day. An awesome, kind, inspirational and hilarious lady from California. We share a lot in common, including an incredibly low tolerance for bullshit. We discover our birthdays are the same. I'm so grateful to have made such an incredible friend on this journey.

    Tomorrow, we travel to Venice.

    Auf wiedersehen Austria.

    https://youtu.be/mBMVy6tQQB8
    Read more