Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    2 Weeks Pranayama Teacher Trainining

    March 14, 2023 in India

    The last 2 weeks I attended a Pranayama Teacher Training in Rishikesh. Really great experience with a lot of insights, great teacher and really great people.
    Pranayama is one of the eight limbs of Yoga and is crucial for a complete practice. It is an ancient breathwork technique which has been practiced is the Himalayas fir thousand of years. It involves controlling your breath in different ways and overall is used for relaxed the body and repairing the internal organs.

    Alarm clock went off every day at 5:45 and the first lesson started at 6:30. We were advised to not have many external influences so most of the the bdays we were just practicing, eating, a bit of swimming and sleeping. At the end of the two weeks it was our task to teach a class ourselves which I enjoyed a lot! Now looking into starting a Yoga Teacher Training as well.

    We had one day off during the course because of Holi festival. Holi festival is a massive festival all across India and Nepal, famous for throwing colours :) It was super crazy during the day, a lot of music, dancing, food and especially colours everywhere!

    Also I started some bansuri (Indian flute) lessons and bought a little guitar (couldn’t resist).
    Read more