Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 2 - Explore Ciao Bella

    February 18, 2022 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    The flight to Colombo was long, noisy with drunk people but we had fun watching movies, painting nails and playing games. Like we always do at home hihihi. Also we try to sleep little bit but were so many noisy people in the aisles that it made it inconvenient.

    When we landed, got our suitcase and had documents checked, Sajith (manager of Ciao Bella and good friend of Robin's dad) picked us up. 2 hours drive to Kabalana, where Ciao Bella's hotel is located. In the meantime we stop in Unawatuna for a Srilakan delicacy: the eggrol. After this finally to Robin's daddy!

    We look at his place in Habaraduwa where Ciao Bella started. It's not quite finished yet, but it's definitely a start, this will be a beautiful paradise with a pizza restaurant. Edward is super happy to see us and takes us in the tuk-tuk to Ciao Bella Kabalana.

    Looooove it here! Really nicely made and set up, the hotel is a bit old so still plenty of work for us to do :)))))
    Dad glad we're here so we can tackle a lot of work. We plan what we all want to do with marketing, team bonding, the restaurant menu, the new idea to open a shop, the hotel rooms, take pictures for the website and so on!

    We have dinner at a pizza restaurant on Matara Road, very tasty because we were quite hungry, and then go home quickly because mosquitoes are coming. We are very tired from the journey and the jetleg. Shower and go to bed!

    Ciao ciaooooo xxx
    Robin & Carlotte
    Read more