Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 3 - Shopping & visiting locals

    February 19, 2022 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ☁️ 30 °C

    Woooooow 14 hours later, we slept well yall haha. It was a long, warm night. No air conditioning, noisy neighbours, but we were so tired we slept for a long time.
    The day started with a delicious smoothie at Ciao Bella Kabalana, made by Sajith. Furthermore, the day was all about shopping, visiting locals and brainstorming. Together with Edward we first went to Omani and her parents (family of Sajith). What a lovely family, super hospitable! They showed us the garden, the kitchen, how they make their own herbs and vegetables, and made delicious tea for us.

    After this we went shopping for Ciao Bella, in a town Galle. Busy on the road with all the tuk-tuks, people have their own rules, but everyone gives each other space.
    We did some shopping for banana bread that we are going to make to sell, made appointments for Ciao Bella stamps, got inspiration for fabric to make pillows and clothes for a small shop, made an appointment for handmade fans, it's going to be fun!

    In the meantime, we had a quick lunch at The Dutch Fort in Galle and on the way back we bought yummy coconut cookies.

    Dropped everything at the hotel and drove back to Omani and her parents house, because they invited us to come and eat fresh curry! Specially made for us, and not spicy! Because our Robje doesn't like that. It tasted amazing I can tell you. With Omani’s favorite icecream as desert, butterscotch flavor.

    While shopping today and now eating the home made currry we also came up with a great idea, we asked Omani, her mother and grandmother to prepare curry spices so that we can sell them in our Ciao Bella shop. 10 times 50 grams of herbs, they really liked the idea! So the shop will be full of locally made and prepared things. This way the local people also benefit from the shop :)

    Now back at Kabalana we are chatting for a while with papa, Sajith and Robje. Happy day as Edward would say!

    Ciao ciao xxxxxxxxxx
    Read more