Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 4 - So many ideas!!!

    February 20, 2022 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Gooooooodmorning!
    We slept very well in our new room WITH air conditioning, which is nice to wake up to hihi.

    In the morning we tried the first new recipes for the new menu together with the cook of Ciao Bella. We want to add some more freshly baked products and snacks so that everything is even healthier and tastier. Also easy to take something with you as a takeaway and therefore sell it. We started with Banana Bread, our own unique recipe and yes it is really delicious. Today's guests all tasted a piece and loved it! Many compliments :)
    After this we made Home Made Granola, very easy to make yourself and super fresh for the smoothie bowls that are already very tasty on their own. A delicious healthy addition! The cook did a very good job, he really likes to learn new things.

    When we finished the new recipes for today we cleaned everything, prepared a room for a new guest and enjoyed a delicious smoothie bowl ourselves. A fresh smoothie bowl every day is really not a punishment, yummy.
    After lunch we worked on the laptop, me for Eventure and Robje for the new Ciao Bella menu. In between also made nice content photos for Ciao Bella's instagram, we had a lot of people who came by today!

    A few weeks earlier, before we went to Sri Lanka we had contact with a Russian girl who was a guest at Ciao Bella and who is good at designing and drawing, we started a collaboration and asked her to design postcards. We have designed a beautiful collection of 7 postcards that we will sell here in our Ciao Bella shop. We are going to display this in a nice photo frame, this will follow later, work in progress ;)

    The day is coming to an end and after a nice day of work, we took a lovely walk on the beach of Habaraduwa, watched the sunset (my favorite activity in beautiful warm countries) and then had a delicious dinner at The Hangout in Unawatuna. What a cute little town. Soon we will visit a sweet gentleman there who makes handmade jewelry, because we also want to add a nice jewelry line to our Ciao Bella shop. So many ideas! Lots of exciting things to do. Now sleep.

    Sleep well everyone, have a nice day at the other side of the world.

    Ciao ciaooooo xxxx
    Robin & Carlotte
    Read more