Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 185

    Back in Scotland

    August 22, 2018 in Scotland ⋅ 🌧 17 °C

    As you can see we’re back in Bonny Scotland, arrived last Monday. We’ve had a difficult couple of months. First I had an allergic reaction to tamoxifen my cancer drug and then after I recovered we went over into Canada to continue travelling. Then Stew developed a problem with his waterworks which resulted in a visit to ER and a catheter being fitted. Short story is he’s now on his third catheter after 4 ER visits as he can’t pee without one and needs to see an urologist.

    So on his birthday (August 7th), we made a big decision !! We decided to to stop full timing and sell the coach and Jeep before returning as we didn’t want to store them again. Plus we’ve been a bit disillusioned with full timing as it’s been hard to book campgrounds at short notice as there seems to more people living in them and immigration is a pain in the butt.

    So we returned to the US Sunday August 12th and straight to a RV dealer in Everett, WA who is going to consign both vehicles for us. We had a busy few days going through our stuff, we've shipped a few boxes back home, packed suitcases and gave away stuff we couldn’t bring back. We managed to book a direct flight from Seattle to Manchester for last Sunday and here we are back in Lochmaben. Stew’s seen the doctor and is waiting for an appointment with urology.

    We’re feeling really positive about our decision and relieved to be back and not have to store and return to the US to deal with the vehicles. Our next adventure will begin once Stew’s recovered and that will be to buy a house or some land on the west coast of Scotland as a base for shorter trips.
    Read more