Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Royal pavilion dome and the lanes

    June 12, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    A day to the pavilion only to find it full of young people on school trips. I'm going to try again in the a.m. the "Dome" was closed no theatre offering, as was the museum!!

    The lanes are interesting on their own, full of little art galleries, clothing, shoe shops real boutique places.

    I spent some time writing at the library and having breakfast with some of the locals... A hardy bunch of 70+ year olds doing deals with each other. Very funny!

    I enjoyed afternoon tea Al fresco looking out at the Royal Pavilion when a poor woman became the focus of everyone's attention when she dropped a tray full of glasses, cups plates... poor thing I did go to her aid, she was so upset. Luckily the waiter came with a brush and told her not to worry "it happens". How kind!

    After the heat of the last few days I was so surprised to get down to the beach front around 4 30pm to find it steeped in mist creeping up onto the promenade. It didn't stop people from enjoying sitting on the sand or at a favourite cafe on the beach or on the merry go round! Such resilience!

    Notice the date above the tattoo shop...1770!! Such history.
    Read more