Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    First Day

    October 25, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 0 °C

    Started the day with a New York poppy seed bagel and cream cheese. Not that whipped kind but the solid kind. You know what I’m talking about. Delicious.

    I was introduced to Nate who is managing the Monticello office, Meri, the Field Organizer, and Mac who was cheerful and welcoming as were they all.

    They briefed me on the geography and demographics of the area and who our target voters and contacts are. They did a deeper dive on tracking and managing the data. Pretty sweet. It is all coming back to me now....

    After a lunch of meh chicken parm, I headed out to hit the doors. Sullivan County has some stunningly beautiful places. The trees are turning and the lakesides shimmered late in the afternoon when the sun came out.

    I met some really nice people (including two at the lunch place) who are supporting Delgado. There is an enthusiasm here. It seems that the County Democrats haven’t done much work here in years past. The district Dems are hungry for being organized and motivated to vote and we have a great candidate they like.

    We have about 80 canvass turfs to cover this weekend and it might snow on Saturday. Hahahahaha! The nurses’ and electricians’ unions are coming Saturday along with some other small groups. Mostly door-to-door work is done by district volunteers and staff.

    One thing. The office is unheated! Long story short, the bureaucracy to turn on the heat stymied the Monticello staffs’ efforts. They had three space heaters that later in the day had to be returned. Yikes! The campaign borrowed two more and after my canvass shift, I got a third one that kicks out a lot of heat. I already have made a (temperature) difference.
    Read more