Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Secret Cove to Pender Harbour

    June 16, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    We had a leisurely breakfast and left Secret Cove in time to meet up with Great Escape, another larger boat in our group that was just going by.

    We followed them into Pender Harbour but turned north before they did. We stayed at Pender Harbour Resort Marina, and they stayed at an outpost of the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club, of which they are members.

    Our marina was lovely. There were a few permanent RV sites, a couple of rental yurts, and several very nicely appointed cabins for rent. The property was very neat and well cared for, and the facilities were spotless.

    Our friends from Great Escape walked over to our marina for happy hour. The nine of us squeezed onto our little boat for a very intimate visit!!

    Our neighbours at the marina were a lovely young couple and her parents on a 1985 sailboat. The young couple had just spent the last couple of years completely gutting and renovating this boat. Every bolt and piece of hardware had been replaced, the hull refibreglassed, and all new electrics, including a new electric motor. They were a very impressive and hard-working couple!!

    We had another early night. I'd like to think it was just the fresh air and sun but it might be my age!!
    Read more