Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Gün 10

    Bond Basin to Booker Lagoon

    25 Haziran 2023, Kanada ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    After breakfast, we left Bond Basin on glassy calm water. We motored ahead and went back to Sullivan Bay Marina to top up our fuel and water for another night at anchor.

    We met up with Scout in Wells Passage, where we saw a healthy black bear having his breakfast on the shore.

    After leaving Drury Inlet, we followed Wells Passage into Nowell Channel. Turning to the east, we made our way to Fife Sound.

    We decided to spend the night anchored at Booker Lagoon. Getting into the lagoon requires going through the very narrow Booker Passage. Once through, the Lagoon opens up and is actually quite large with several good places to anchor. It's a really lovely spot hidden away, and we had the whole place to ourselves.

    We had a quiet afternoon on our own boats. I went for a kayak around some shoals near where we had anchored. A very curious seal followed me for a bit, but he was too quick for me to snap his picture.

    Sea Senor invited us all to their boat for appetizers, and more than two hours went by in a flash. The temperature dropped significantly with the setting sun, so it was a chilly trip back to our boat in the tender. We fired up our diesel heater and spent a quiet evening reading books about Billy Proctor.
    Okumaya devam et