Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 9

    Sullivan Bay to Bond Basin

    24 de junio de 2023, Canadá ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    It was another cloudy, misty morning that turned into another amazing day. We are thankful for all this amazing weather, but the forest is in desperate need of a drink.

    The lovely cruisers on A Great Escape brought us all freshly baked croissants before they cast off to start their return trip to home port. They have been so wonderful to travel with, and I was very sad to see them go. We enjoyed the croissants with our coffee, then packed up to carry on with our adventures.

    Lady Gayle decided to go back to Echo Bay to see Billy Proctor and the museum, and Scout and Yin & Yang made their way to Drury Inlet. At the mouth of the Inlet, we encountered humpback whales and orcas.

    We carried on into Drury Inlet to check out Jennis Bay Marina. It was quite "rustic" with very few services so we decided not to stay for the night. Instead, we carried on up Drury Inlet to Sutherland Inlet. From there, we backtracked a bit, went through a narrow channel into Actress Passage, and went as far as Bond Basin, where we all actually grabbed a weak cell signal. Go figure!

    We left Actress Passage and in Drury Inlet, met up with Sea Senor, a couple we had met at Sullivan Bay. We decided to all head back and anchor in Bond Basin for the night.

    We gathered for happy hour on Scout and enjoyed our time visiting and getting to know our new friends from Sea Senor. After supper on our boat, the wind calmed down, and we had a very peaceful night in Bond Basin.
    Leer más