Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6, Lets nip to Spain

    July 11, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Well, we all survived our night on the med. I slept like a log, didn’t even here JB climb over me twice as his bed was in the front of the ship and mine in the middle. Eddie decided to sleep outside on deck as it was extremely hot, he didn’t sleep quite so well.

    We started the morning with a continental breakfast on the back of the boat, beautiful sunshine, and such an idyllic spot. People were sailing by of out on their day trips all wishing us good morning on their way past. Sharon and I love the back of the ship when we’re cruising, this was just a bit more personalised. Again the temperature was hot so we went for a shower and then had a bit of a tidy up and packed up what we needed. Did a bit of measuring for a few bits that John needs to fetch next week then we set off for Spain, just because we could.

    En route we decided to call at the port in Cannet as that’s where the ship needs to be filled up with fuel and pumped out when they start to use it. A busier town than Sainte-Marie and very nice. We hade a look around and familiarised ourselves with what was there so JB has a head start when he gets there. We then moved on to Spain. We didn’t have a lot of time as we wanted to be back up to our place in France before the England match but we did it nevertheless. Fuel was massively cheaper over the border so we filled up and then headed on the 400 mile trip back to John & Dianne’s place in Peussicot. We did it with no dramas but it didn’t half seem a long way back, I only stopped once to get a bottle of water out of the back, other than that it was straight through and just over 5 and a half hours.

    We were greeted home with a lovely steak and the last keg of Doombar was put in to life in preparation for the England game. I think we will just leave it at that !!
    Read more