Uydu
Haritada göster
  • Day 5, The Jolly Boys Outing

    9 Temmuz 2018, Fransa ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Today the boys rebelled !! We decided we were going to jump in the car and drive down to Perpignan near the Spanish border to spend the night on JB’s new toy, a 40ft yacht.

    We were up and away for 9.30am and southern bound. Not a cloud in the sky and certainly a beautiful day for it. We left the girls to amuse themselves for a couple of days. It was a cracking drive down, motorway all the way after we got to Limoges. Very little traffic and stunning scenery. JB knew the way as he used to drive it lots when he had his truck. 6 hours later, here we are in the port of Sainte-Marie near Perpignan. It’s been a blistering 34.4 degrees here, the air con in the car was ace but when we landed we got the full impact. We stopped at the supermarket on the way in to buy supplies.

    Once in the port, we found “My Dianne 2” as she is going to be christened. She’s a cracker, right up Johns street, needs a bit of TLC but all the right things there. We spent a couple of hours having a look around and working things out as John hasn’t seen much of her yet either. I got the spangly sat nav going with it’s sonar and fish detector, I cant believe it’s only 5ft deep where it’s moored. We then went for a stroll around the marina and up to the beach for a look. It’s a beautiful setting and all very secure, people are friendly and the med is merely couple of mins from the berth. Upon return we had a couple of beers on the back of the ship before getting a shower to cool off and heading for the little town.

    We found a cracking bar / restaurant just off the Main Street and they were showing the France Belgium World Cup semi final. As we are still in France we decided to cheer them on. It wasn’t packed but the atmosphere was ace. The food was tremendous and the people who own the place were so friendly, I can see this been a JB local. A good result for the French too, 1-0 sees them in the final.

    We returned back on board and sat out at the back of the ship till gone 1am chatting and drinking in the gloriously warm breeze, still 29 degrees. Eddie decided he was sleeping on deck as it was so warm, I had the massive bed in the main quarter, JB in the front bedroom.

    All I can say is “If Carlsberg did Days Out”
    Okumaya devam et