Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Sliema and Valletta

    November 13, 2018 in Malta ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Another beautiful morning here in Malta, not a cloud in the sky and a lovely 24 degrees. We started the morning off with a lovely cuppa on the balcony. We haven’t got a sea or a pool view but they did change us from being in the lay by at the side of the road to a field view high up so it’s nice and quiet. We went down to the nerve centre en route to breakfast (Naomi’s room) before heading off for Sliema. We took Gemma and Joe today in our car and we’re thrilled when John pulled out first - we just followed him👍. The plan was to drive to Sliema then get the boat across to Valletta.

    It’s a bustling busy harbour, and some spectacular scenery. We sailed across in the lovely sunshine before disembarking at Valletta. A brief walk up as what only can be described as cardiac hill with lots of shops and lovely viewpoints before stopping at the top. Half way up Max was set a challenge by Joseph, run up loads of steps for 10 euros, a bit of a family tradition and I have to say he did it spectacularly. Obviously Uncle Joseph had to tag along to show him who was boss but Max is certainly a front runner for the future and Uncle Joseph paid up. Such a lot to see as we carried on, beautiful waterfalls and stunning panoramic views. We stopped at the top for a cup of tea and a fag (minus the fag in honour of our sadly missed and much loved Aunty Jack). We were very lucky with the weather, absolutely beautiful. Our descent was very relaxed and we just ambled back to the ferry stopping now and again for a look at shops and all sorts of interesting places. Upon arrival at Sliema we stopped of at BK for snacks for Max & Joseph before departing back to our hotel. Once again John zipped out in front - however he took what can only be described as a wrong turn and my Jane guided us back nicely to our hotel. Well when I say nicely, she prefers fields to by passes but still landed before Team Naomi 😂😂.

    Once back it was straight down to eat, I could get used to this all inclusive lark, a couple of beers to wash down the lunch. Then off to the pool with the kids. Had a good old catchup with my new little mate Izzy in the (not so) hot tub. It’s been pointed out to us by our 5 year old team member (said new mate) Isabella that for the last 2 days we’ve done what mummy wants to do first meaning that it’s getting late by the time what Isabella wants to do comes around and it’s nearly dark. So she’s put her foot down and we are swimming first in the morning, doing what Izzy wants to do first rather than what mummy wants, which seems only fair. I can’t really seem to find an argument so breakfast in swimmers in the morning it is.

    A quick up to the room, shower then straight out for tea, I was a little concerned at the lack of a Nanna nap this afternoon but seemed to power through it. We were right on queue for the kids disco at 8.30 and no quiz tonight. Izzy and Max were sent back off stage with all the other children with the instruction of coming back with an adult. We thought it fitting to send Sharon, she thought we said she needed a camera so off she went 😂😂. This evenings entertainment was Phil, playing his guitar (or as our Gem pointed out his Aldi guitar cos the end was missing). He was actually very good. Had a good old sing song and bet Joseph a shot he wouldn’t dance with a few grannies but he proved us wrong. Switched from lager to Vodka tonight but they seem to mix the vodka and coke 50/50 so that zipped us along a bit. You know you’re getting old when you have to ask Max if he’s heard of Mylie Cyrus, when he said yes we had to explain that the song being sung was by her dad !!

    So another fantastic day, not laughed so much in ages. Until tomorrow, goodnight. Ps it’s now my birthday but I’m knackered so until tomorrow 👍
    Read more