Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Gozo

    November 15, 2018 in Malta ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    So today saw the arrival of Graham and Bobbie Jo, They landed last night and got to the hotel well after our bedtime. We have still been doing well with the weather, a bit more cloud about today but still lots of sunny intervals and a heathy 24 degrees as we wandered around. So we were all first in the queue for breakfast this morning just as we have been all week - yes we’ve actually been there waiting for them to open. I suppose I’d better add that it’s the late sitting that doesn’t open until 10.00am but still, there you go.

    This morning we decided we were going to Gozo, a short ferry ride across the sea with the terminal not being far from our hotel. We were the fun car, Sharon, Me, Izzy and Bobbie Jo. I’m afraid we accept no responsibility of how the children behave after leaving our care. We had to sing along to frozen, shout “How Do” at random passing people to see if we could get a wave and a burping competition no less !! It was a most interesting journey around Gozo. We headed off in search of some washer woman that Gemma wanted to show us as Granny & Grandad has been there years ago. We drove around for a while, got split up and ended up parking randomly down a side street near a church before meeting Gemma a short while later. We then walked, and walked, oh and walked but still no washer woman !! In the end we had to admit defeat and us three drivers got a taxi back to our cars and then went and picked up the kids and others. We sat in a park in the supermarket car park scoffing ice cream sweets and crisps - it’s how we roll 😂.

    Next stop wax Ramla Bay, a lovely sandy beach where the kids could paddle. As mentioned earlier it was pleasantly warm and all the kids went in the sea, including Sharon. We headed back to the ferry and I became lead drivist, everything was going well until we encountered a closed road, the diversion signs were great until they stopped but we made it back eventually. The obligatory afternoon snacks prevailed, we were good though, tried not to eat too much so we didn’t spoil our tea.

    We made the kids disco tonight which got us a good seat for the show. Joseph and Graham went to watch the football tonight, we stayed for the show. The quiz was movie soundtracks - we were fairly crap as usual. This evenings show was Divas and Legends. Lots of songs from varying people throughout the years, the dancers and singers really are good. I was out of breath watching them !!

    And so the end of another cracking day.
    Read more