Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4, Heraklion, Crete

    December 14, 2019 in Greece ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    Another 8am dock in to Crete, another day of torrential rain. It’s fair to say we’ve been very unlucky with the weather but there ain’t owt we can do about that. Breakfast this morning was in the buffet as we didn’t get up early enough for the restaurant. The food is great though no matter where we eat. We disembarked the ship about 10.30am and it was pouring down. It was a short bus ride to the terminal and then a 15-20 minute walk in to town. Yes, we walked in the pissing down rain with no brolly or owt. Upon reaching the town we sought refuge in a Starbucks where they had outdoor heating. The winds were gusting at up to 40mph but we were fine. A nice cup of tea and a catchup with the world.

    We had a wander around the town, some of it under cover thankfully, some of it not. The rain was intermittent although it was more on than off and heavy rather than light. We visited a church ⛪️ and as we were about ready to return to the ship the heavens we’ll and truly opened. So we gave in and bought a brolly before going into a taverna and having a gyros. Best one we’ve had by far, and again a good laugh with the owner. We decided to brave the rain and head back to the ship around 3. It was about a 20 minute walk and five mins it it slowed right down.

    Unsure what we’ll be up to tonight, but I’m almost certain it will involve eating and drinking. I’m posting this early as we will be out of signal from now until Monday. Hopefully the weather is set to improve.
    Read more