Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 5, At Sea

    December 15, 2019, Eastern Mediterranean ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Morning all. This blog is a day late due to us leaving Crete and having no comms until we arrive in Israel tomorrow 🇮🇱. However I am writing it on Sunday just not uploading it until we have data.

    So, Sunday morning and here we are. We had a late night last night, another great meal and great entertainment on the ship. We sampled a few of the cocktails, I was quite partial to the strawberry daiquiri whilst Sharon liked the pins colada’s.

    I’m pleased to say there’s been an improvement in the weather. We’re up to 18 degrees and we have partial cloud but we can see a bit of the yellow stuff. The ocean breeze makes it feel a little cooler but certainly a big improvement on the last 3 days. I didn’t sleep too well last night due to an annoying rattle, but Sharon was fine. It’s still a bit choppy but as we’ve said we like that. After breakfast we went to a talk about Israel and the trips on offer. As a result of that we have changed our trip from just Bethlehem to a full day visiting both Bethlehem and Jerusalem. We do that tomorrow (Oh deep joy !!).

    Lots to do on board today seeing as we’re at sea all day. We wandered around, had a couple of drinks and a spot of lunch before going to the theatre at 1pm for “The twelve days of Christmas”. It was a cracking show, very funny and very festive. On the way out it would have been rude not to stop off for a beer, Mikel seems to track us does and deliver us drinks whenever we pass through. So s couple of pints (cocktails for the gaffer) snd a bash at the quiz. 16 out of 20, not too shabby !!

    Next a look around the shops, we’ll not for me, I elected to sit outside and wait, fortunately it wasn’t a long wait before we headed up to deck 11 for Afternoon Tea. Afternoon tea was ok but not quite as nice as Princess but hey it was fine. We then headed down to the buffet had a sandwich before retiring to the room.

    We went to the quiz at 7.00 and didn’t do too well but it’s just for fun really and then as customary we went down to the restaurant on deck 4 for dinner. Once again a great meal. The ship has steadied even though we have picked up speed. We were a bit naughty tonight, as we’ve booked a tour to Jerusalem and Bethlehem, we’ll be out for the whole day tomorrow leaving and a ridiculously stupid 7am, so we went to the buffet and put some sandwiches up. We got crisps chocolate and water too snd in the absence of Israel 🇮🇱 shackles, we bought dome Euros as they are widely accepted.

    So we’re having an early night tonight as we’ve got a very long day ahead of us tomorrow.
    Read more