Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 2 Southampton

    August 13, 2022 in England ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Another beautiful morning in the Uk this morning, so nice to have some heat. A leisurely start to the day with a little walk around Marlborough and breakfast at the pub before setting off for Southampton. A different route which the sat nav took care of through some lovely little country villages. We did very well for traffic and we were at the port for around 11. A little wait in the meet & greet car park and then we were on. We feared boarding may be painful but totally the opposite, straight through and on by 12. Wow, the ship is far more impressive than any we’ve sailed on and we’ve done a few. It is beautiful in every way although a little more difficult to navigate our way around but we’ll find our nice places tomorrow during the sea day.

    Upon embarkation we made our way to the salty dog burger bar and had a bit of food. I started to dabble with the new medallion class app and managed to order us a few drinks to be delivered directly to us, no matter where we are on the ship, they know, they find you and they serve you your food and or drink. I think I’m going to like this app. Next we meandered down to our room, balcony stateroom for us this time which is nice. A more modern and lighter feel to it and will be fine for us.

    Upon wandering round the ship we noticed there are far more hot tubs than on previous ships, and we are partial to a couple of hours in the tub, so that’s what we did. Sharon attempted to use the app to order a pina colada but unfortunately it’s not letting her in - apparently she hasn’t paid, I didn’t laugh (too much) but I’m sure she wouldn’t have got on the shop if she hadn’t paid. We were out on the open decks for the sail away party and made use of the sun loungers for a couple of hours before returning to our cabin .

    The evening has seen use dine at Alfredo’s in the Atrium but I needed a bit of a tip up so off up to the buffet for a little bit if extra fuel. It’s 10pm now, we’re back in the cabin and just having a drink on the balcony before calling it a night.
    Read more