Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 3 At Sea

    August 14, 2022, North Sea ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    We didn’t open our peepers until 8.45 this morning but in our defence the clocks did move forward sn hour last night !!

    As breakfast finishes in the main dining rooms at 9.00am, we headed up to the Horizon buffet as they serve until 10.30 !! As usual it didn’t disappoint, in fact better than usual as English bacon was in plentiful supply and I usually have to ask for it. I did however have a bit of a wobble, it appeared my usual Lemon Danish pastries had been replaced with “Vegan Danish”. Fortunately the guy behind the counter seemed to realise my horror and asked “Would you like a real one?” After that glimmer of hope I replied that I would and he led us to the proper cakes !! Faith restored !! Got talking to Arnie and his wife at breakfast from Palm Springs, they’d just come back from Singapore where they had a week riding Harley’s, they were in their 80s !!!!

    We had a wander around the ship, not quite as easy to get around as we are used to but that’s no problem, it’s also impossible to get right to the front of the ship as far as we can tell and we think that’s down to the ships design. We stopped off in the Atrium to just soak up the atmosphere which was lovely, then the line dancing started !! It was quite funny watching the 4 blokes trying it !!

    As it’s been such a beautiful day we headed to the open decks for a bit of sunbathing whilst watching the ocean pass by, the medallion app on the phone doing its stuff again and swiftly getting as a Stella and a Pina Colada delivered without even visiting the bar !! Lunch at the salty dog again and a bit more R&R on the open decks this afternoon before hitting the hot tubs early evening.

    Formal night tonight, we were going to attend but we’re lateish getting out of the hot tub so decided to give it a miss and eat upstairs. Great food as always and quiet due the formal night downstairs.
    Read more