Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Day 1 Worksop to Barbados

    November 5, 2022, Caribbean Sea ⋅ 🌧 28 °C

    So today we began our adventure,off to the Caribbean for a couple of weeks to celebrate my 50th birthday. We didn’t even get a case out until 8pm Friday night due to having so much going on, and we were up at 4am Saturday morning.

    Other than a two and a half hour delay at Manchester, the journey was quite painless. One of the beauties of P&O as opposed to Princess is the fact that the cases are put on at Manchester and the next time you see them, they are in your cabin. There’s no customs to worry about at Barbados, straight off the plane and a bus picks you up at the side of the plane and drives you to the ship. We landed at about 6pm Caribbean time and the first thing we noticed when we stepped off the plane was how lovely and warm it was, the second thing was how wet it was !! It was thrashing it down.

    The embarkation on the ship was easy and we were soon in our cabin. Although totally different to princess, the layout is very similar. We grappled s bit of something to eat and we were in bed not long after as we were knackered.

    So here we are, on board P&O Britannia currently docked in Barbados awaiting our 14 day trundle around a lovely selection of Caribbean islands.
    Read more